I have been researching simple solutions that people can use to sell their books and products off their websites without the need for a degree in Computer Science.
Although using third party solutions like Amazon and Nook are a vital part of your marketing and distribution strategy, having your own store on your own virtual property is another critical element of that strategy. You have total control over the pricing and availability of your book.
This store took me about an hour to setup. Once I had done the initial configuration, adding a product (in this case a book) was a walk in the park. I have done thousands of e-commerce installations but this one was the easiest by far. For this installation I used eShop.
Then all I did was create a new page on my site and copied the code for the store into that page. You can see it in operation here: http://dynamicdirectives.com/store/. Buy the book while you are there (wink wink).
What I love about this store functionality is that:
- It has fantastic Facebook integration with comments showing up on Facebook
- There are other social media share buttons on each product displayed in your store
- You can create a Facebook store directly on your fan page. This was so easy. You can see the same store here on my Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/DianaHeuser.Entrepreneur.Author/?sk=app_270990276335591
- It allows for multiple payment gateways at the same time. In my case it allows for both PayFast (A South African Payment Gateway) and PayPal. With the other e-commerce installations I had to create a separate website and store to cater for South Africans.
- It’s free up to 10 products. We love free don’t we?
- You can sell both physical and digital products.
- It allows for coupons but only on the paid version.
- It integrates your Google Analytics account
- You can enable Remarketing with Google Analytics.
- You do not have to be South African to use it. You can be based anywhere in the world and still open an account.
- Set and forget
- Start collecting payments
You can sign up for a free account here: http://askdianaheuser.com/eshop . Let me know if you have any questions by posting them in the comments section below.
Diana Heuser specialises in e-Business and Publishing Resources for Authors. Connect with Diana Heuser on her business website, via Twitter @DianaHeuser or on Google+. Join our fabulous free Group “Secrets To Publishing A Book on Facebook”. You will find it interesting. Request to join here.