If you do not have an author’s website for your books or yourself, you are missing out on a valuable marketing and branding tool. I have listed the basics in the cheat sheet below for you to get started.
These are the critical elements you should have on your author website. If you need more details on how to actually implement these, please check out the tutorials on the website: http://secretstopublishingabook.com/.
- A domain with your author/pen name (preferably not a free domain)
- Email list sign up form
- A lead generation free report to encourage people to sign up
- A page with a list of your books and links to buy them
- About you biography page
- Contact me page
- Social Media buttons linking to your social media accounts
- Twitter or Facebook feed stream
- Calendar with upcoming publication dates
- Blog section which you update regularly
- Reviews page
- Book trailer/s
- Book covers displayed prominently
- Links to your Amazon Author Central account and other distribution platforms
- Links to any articles or blog posts you have done on other sites
Here is an example of an author’s website: http://greensuperfoodsmoothies.com/
Remember to join our mailing list for more information and ideas.